Ballyalban Fairy Fort

Ballyalban Fairy Fort

Wednesday 8 August 2012

Arrrrggggghhhh

I am having a hard time finding time/'energy to write at present.  We are sort of having a summer holiday - which is nice.  But I am also working hard (gardening for money, and housing students and BnB guests) as well as doing (or worrying about not doing) stuff for the Summer Squall festival - in Ramsgate on 25th-27th August.

So occasionally I have a little write on 17 Years, but my heart isn't really in it.   I am also feeling a bit heavy hearted about reading a friend's unpublished novel - I wasn't until I noticed she hadn't taken any notice of the editorial suggestions I made last time... which made me wonder if she'll take any notice this time.  I think I'll have to speed read it and get it back with some general observations.  But really, I should be doing things for the festival and not worrying about any of this.

1 comment:

  1. This is a postscript: I made my suggestions and actually she was tremendously grateful and went off to re-write with alacrity. I suppose I worry that people can't take criticism, but I ought to remember that a lot of writers like to find ways of making their work better, so I hope it has helped.

    ReplyDelete