Ballyalban Fairy Fort

Ballyalban Fairy Fort

Wednesday 30 April 2014

The Romantic Feminist - episode 97


A fantastic cover design by Tara Moore. Occasionally I have queried the wisdom about having a cover design for an unpublished book - but after 5 years (since I started it) I think I might indulge myself.  I like the heart charm bracelet - but I don't see Lucy wearing it. However it gets the point across perfectly.  Tara designed it for my putative website - which I really must get together and do!  Perhaps I could also include those useful crits I've had like "dangerously well written".

The current progress report now follows:  while The Ash Grove is on a tour of US slush piles, TRF is wandering the highways and byways of UK agents (well, two).  I've got into a bit of a routine now - arround about the time of the New Moon (I'm using the Steiner system here!) I send a few submissions - they usually return at the Full moon if the agents are quick, or the following Full Moon if they are a bit slower.

As I adjust the TRF text once more (I wanted to say more about how romantic literature and indeed literature in general was not always a helpful guide to life!) I am slightly angry - because really, this is a well-written, perceptive book with much to say about life and love... I don't want to keep adjusting it, but I can't help tinkering with it whenever I read over the first 10,000 words/50pp.  I am still convinced that it will be published, but I had a horrible thought - maybe not in my lifetime?

Then I indulged in an archaeological fantasy - in the post-apocalyptic world, humans who speak a debased form of English come across it - it is virtually the only book they have access to. Painstakingly copied it becomes the Bible, the Pilgrim's Progress of their era....  God, as self-aggrandising author fantasies go, this is a doozy.




No comments:

Post a Comment