Ballyalban Fairy Fort

Ballyalban Fairy Fort

Sunday 14 August 2016

A burst of enthusiasm

After the marketing man never got back to me, despite florid promises, I decided "What the helll, I shall do it myself."   I opened my list of "agents qualified to be, attendant on my lovely book..." and found some.  The first agent wanted something different in the subs letter, which was fun to write.   Even more fun, he got back to me 10 minutes later and said "it was the sort of thing he liked" and asked me to be patient.   A few days later he asked for the whole MS, and asked me to be patient.   He's brief, businesslike and un-gushing, which I like (shades of the lamented lost agent, JM).

I have changed the title for subs, it's now going out as "The Road through the Woods" and this may have made all the difference.  That, and removing the Sioga elements from chapter 3 and leaving them until later in the book.

On Thursday, when I got the request for the full MS, I was smiling for about 2 hours.   The smile shifted slightly when I remembered that I had left a half-finished acknowledgements and glossary at the end of the text, there is something hubristic about thanking everyone before you are published, looks a bit babyish... no matter.  I was preparing for self-publishing.  I may still have to do this.

But I am so Relieved that finally an agent has taken some notice of it!  And Delighted that it is someone I think has a good reputation.  

No comments:

Post a Comment