Ballyalban Fairy Fort

Ballyalban Fairy Fort

Saturday 9 February 2013

Now where?

A week without writing - not very good.  Actually I began to read TRF again, because I am trying to steel myself to send it out again.  It seemed good to me!  Oh dear, but the intensive self-criticism and corrections all took place during the first two or three years, I can't keep updating it.   I had a whole load of ideas that I wrote down and now can't find the document - probably didn't save it.  I wondered whether to tweak the structure again - but I felt that small tweaks were more in order.  I am still waiting for T to come back with her critique, I am sure she has been busy, but I wish she would, I want to feel I have a version that has dealt with the JM criticisms and then rejection/acceptance becomes simply a matter of taste.

So, next week, I should probably work on Vol 1 while I wait for T to ponder... then think about submitting TRF again...  Oh.  It's all too damn complicated, but while all the published writers I know say airily "Don't worry - find another agent!" as an unpublished novelist I feel slightly less sanguine - then again, I've only had 8 rejections so far - at least 5 of them rave rejections!  So, sooner or later I must find someone.


No comments:

Post a Comment