Ballyalban Fairy Fort

Ballyalban Fairy Fort

Monday 29 July 2013

Another one bites the dust....

I think I have currently got my oeuvre in the inboxes of 5 agents - and one of them, to whom I submitted in early May, has just sent it back. "not, alas, for us".  I like that "alas" it hints at regret, that the individual agent might have, but "the system" or the in-house criteria forbade.  Or is it just the "alas" of educated cliche, of the kind I might use myself.   Heigh-ho, am not unduly shocked, I think, for some reason I hadn't had a "good feeling" about it.   Looking at my list of submissions, I don't seem to have made as many as I'd thought,.  Yet for some reason I have stopped.  I have this weird feeling that amongst this batch of submissions is the agent... but reason dictates doubt, wishful thinking promotes this belief.

Those whom the gods seek to destroy they first make mad!  But it is true, one does have "feelings" about certain agents.  One of the agents I really wanted to read my book may or may not have it - due to the vagaries of the submission system.  I never got an answer/receipt from the system.

My reason tells me I should continue to submit - there are at least another 30 I could quite sensibly submit to.  Let's see what happens.  I expect I will be moved to make more submissions in due course.

No comments:

Post a Comment