Ballyalban Fairy Fort

Ballyalban Fairy Fort

Tuesday 22 October 2013

Find a title!

I've been worrying about the title of the first volume ever since I realised that Conscience would be the title for the second volume - and so I have been through various manifestations.  This morning, having decided that there was no single abstract noun that would describe the book without giving the game away, I tried to think of a phrase - I remembered the scene where they sing the Ash Grove together - the beginning of their liking for each other - it's a romantic song of lost love.  But there's also the sense of Ashes... death, destruction - the ash grove could be a beautiful place that's been ravaged by fire - and that does suggest what happens in some sense.  So The Ash Grove is the new title for volume 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment