Ballyalban Fairy Fort

Ballyalban Fairy Fort

Thursday 15 May 2014

Full Moon Rejections!

It's happened again - it's full moon and I have received two rejections.  Both for the Ash Grove, both from US agents, and both polite - saying it won't fit with their current list - and best wishes for the project in future - or words to that effect.  

I rather like US agents - because usually they are quick to reject, they know what they don't want.  But what I found interesting was that of the two rejections, the one who rejected on the basis of the query letter alone, who had not seen any of my text, was less fulsome than the one who had seen the first 5 pages and knew I was capable of writing more than a query letter.   I suppose I should be glad that any agents in the US want text at all, and perhaps I should prioritise those, or write a more effusive, self-praising letter when only a query is required.

I wonder whether these US approaches are a bit of a waste of time, but then again, there have only been about half a dozen rejections so far vs. 9 or 10 in the UK.  This policy of sending submissions at New Moon is interesting - perhaps I should start sending them at Full Moon instead.  I wonder if I will get any more rejections tomorrow?   Probably.

No comments:

Post a Comment