Ballyalban Fairy Fort

Ballyalban Fairy Fort

Thursday 15 May 2014

GATD Week 5

Well, after various struggles, I have begun to tame the beast.  I had hoped that in the two days M was away I would manage to really crack on with writing new sections.  However, I did something much more frustrating, and infinitely more important.

It is extraordinary how the stuff one dreads dealing with really is revelatory.   I had rather mucked about with the prison section, because I didn't want to write about it in detail, so I'd turned it into flashbacks.... as a result the whole bloody mass of ch's 4-6 was a bloody mess.   So I have been re-working, cutting and pasting, supplying connective tissue, ironing out the inconsistencies, and so on and so forth.  In the process I've added a couple of thousand words and now have 22,000 words of novel - which is not bad at all.

I read through the outline again - and found some bits I wanted to add - I laboured for several hours, but did not get to the end of the story so far - so more of the same tomorrow.  I am planning on not going on line, it makes life a lot easier!

No comments:

Post a Comment