Ballyalban Fairy Fort

Ballyalban Fairy Fort

Thursday 25 September 2014

Alea iacta est....

Well, I beat my own deadline... I expected to finish editing The Gospel According to Darren by 30th September, but actually I finished editing on Monday, late at night - that was 22nd.  It then took most of Tuesday and Wednesday to roll it together into one big document, which involved reading it and touching it up here and there...on 24th (New Moon!) I started scribbling a few notes for the synopsis.  This morning I got up early and wrote a quick synopsis and sent it to 3 agents, one of whom has already replied just to say "this looks interesting".

It is a pleasant situation to be in - when the book is out there and there's nothing you can do and you haven't yet started receiving rejections.   It's the excitement of having agents having a full read and knowing that they may get back to you - eventually...

I am excited and enjoying the sensation - but it's all a bit angsty - I've been here before.  Then again, perhaps I have begun to build myself a "platform" so that there are agents who know of me and are receptive to me... I am beginning to feel that this might be it!

No comments:

Post a Comment