Ballyalban Fairy Fort

Ballyalban Fairy Fort

Thursday 17 September 2015

Today's rejection

I had an agent rejection - it was " You write well, but I'm just not sure it'll stand out enough in what is such a competitive market." 

What, there are so many fairy abduction novels out there?  No, she just didn't like it.  No matter.  I would love to know where all these mysterious agents who represent books about fairies are though!

For the last few days I've had a particular agent's name on my mind - but I'm not sure if she represents this sort of novel, still, I can but hope.  I wrote a longer than usual account of myself, since this agency wants to know if one is approaching the matter in the most professional way possible.  So as a result I felt compelled to set up an FB page.  Then I felt full of hubris - suppose this one doesn't make it either?  How silly will I look?  I am searching for some nice images for the page, I was looking, inevitably at Arthur Rackham, and I found this one rather sympathetic. I don't think it's quite what I want on the cover though.  If there ever is a cover.  Then again, who knows, I might be searching for covers any month now.

No comments:

Post a Comment