Ballyalban Fairy Fort

Ballyalban Fairy Fort

Monday 21 April 2014

GATD week 2

This post is not really about writing... it's about all the things I have to do which prevent me writing.  Arguably I could have written in some of the interstices between these bits.  I still find it hard to write unless I think I can have a good run at it.  If I only have 90 minutes before something has to happen I tend not to write... because I don't want to have to stop.  But this isn't a good approach.  At the very least I could use that time for a submission.   However, this is what I did last week, instead of writing.

We went to my father's on Sunday afternoon - and had a nice day out on Monday - sunny day, a walk around Eton and then to the Palmers Arms in Dorney, followed by a visit to the Garden centre, where I bought nothing (the garden is too full).
On Tuesday I did some shopping, and various bits and pieces and then we came home.  We all went out in the evening to celebrate Mother's Day, Easter hols and being together for once.  On Wednesday I attempted to deal with various things, but merely fiddled with stuff.   I also did an editorial review (critique) of my cousin R's YA novel which has some structural problems.  On Thursday I shopped for the weekend, for the Looping the Loop festival and began to prepare the house for BnB visitors.  On Friday we had 3 visitors, and I cooked and prepared for the great meal on Saturday (60 people allegedly - but it never is!)... when the visitors left on Saturday morning there was a brief opportunity to change the sheets for the next lot before I went out to cook.

There was cooking, a bit of relaxing chatting and drinking, then clearing up and going home.   On Easter Sunday we talked to the new visitors - a really nice Spanish couple.  I was pretty knackered and rested - until about 6 when suddenly it was time to cook supper - which was non-negotiable as Alex was coming.  He came about 8 - we sat in the garden, then had a very delicious supper and fortunately he went relatively early - c. 10.15 - as I was, again, knackered.


Today was mostly devoted to gardening, tomorrow will be devoted to domestic fiscal matters - on Wednesday there's school, then coffee with chum, then cooking for research supper with Probabtion Officer.  It's possible that on Thursday - after school - I may be able to write a bit.  Or do submissions.  Friday we have another visitor for the weekend - so lots of cleaning - he's Swiss!


I have written about 400 words of GATD during this maelstrom - and conducted an interview with E, who was recently in prison - which is really helpful background research for the book.  This week it will be the PO... and then I trust I can progress fairly confidently.  I may need to speak to a social worker.... it occurs to me I could speak to Helen A - must sort something out.  Anyway - there is progress, but not on the page.  

No comments:

Post a Comment