Ballyalban Fairy Fort

Ballyalban Fairy Fort

Sunday 13 April 2014

GATD Week One

This week I tied up all the sketches I had written, hunted down all the ideas I'd had and ended up with about 14,000 words.   This is a really good start.  I don't know whether I can achieve as much next week (being here, at my father's, and then having to have Easter and the whole day of catering for Looping the Loop plus the whole new wave of anxiety about money etc.   I realise I am often writing as a displacement activity.

The good thing is that I now have all the material - it's already a coherent first 4-5 chapters and I have a few moments of lightish relief... I don't have to present every dramatic scene directly, some of them can be dealt with as flashback or in retrospect - so that's good too.  I hope I can manage another decent tranche this week - there's every chance it will be quite short... but that may not matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment