Ballyalban Fairy Fort

Ballyalban Fairy Fort

Thursday 3 April 2014

Get going!

Right, we have had 3 months of 2014, and a good deal has happened one way or another, but I could not be said to have written very much.   I have been incubating GATD, and learning a certain amount, but now I think the planets are aligned.   On Tuesday I ran into PC Keith in the street - one of the people I wanted to talk to for research - and today Sheree sent me details of her probation officer friend, who is willing to chat to me.   So it's all set for a bit of decent research and talking the idea through...

I have commitments - the setting up of a webzine with the gang, and the Easter hols and the return of Ned, the necessity of dealing with my father and so on.   But I also have to start writing again soon, not just submission letters!   I have written about 5,000 words of GATD and am clear where it's going - the first half of it, but I'm not sure how it will develop - and I think talking to Keith and Donna and anyone else I can persuade will probably start some ideas out of their holes.  I am also going to do some wide on-line reading about people trafficking.

2 comments:

  1. Do persevere. I was 'nearly there' for years then it clicked in 2007. Since then I've had 21 books accepted/published!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank - 21 in the last 7 years - were some of those books you had written previously, or have you written 3 a year since then? Very impressive in either case.

      Delete