Ballyalban Fairy Fort

Ballyalban Fairy Fort

Wednesday 18 June 2014

GATD today

I gave myself a deadline of the end of June originally for this book - but I realised that was hopeless a while ago.  However, since I am now at 42,000 words despite only having had a few hours to work on it this week, I am beginning to see that it could almost be finished in time... if I worked like stink next week... and the bit of the week after.   Which is a very WOW feeling.    I will then have a great deal of difficulty doing much about it - since no one will read it and so on, so I will just have to send it out to a few agents, explaining that it is a first draft and see who bites.  Or should I put it away and leave it for 3 months like they tell you to do? It would be better to get feedback sooner rather than later.    The beginning of the book i.e the first 10 pages needs a lot more attention - start with action...

I also know that sending a first draft to agents is risky and arrogant... what will happen if they all say NO again?  This is assuming that the US agent doesn't take me on.  

No comments:

Post a Comment