Ballyalban Fairy Fort

Ballyalban Fairy Fort

Sunday 22 June 2014

The Gospel According to....

Well, I thought putting "Darren" in there made a strking contrast - but a more established writer called Courttia Newland has come out with an "according to Cane" - which is a bit weird - not Cain? or Kane?   But what can you expect from a man named Courttia (who I heard on the radio - he sounds very interesting).  When I heard about the book I was terrified that he might have used the same idea... but mercifully the Gospels don't seem to play a part in this.

If GATD is published I can see a number of objections to the title from editors and agents along the way.  I love the title - and it describes the thing perfectly... but perhaps by that time the other book will be less prominent (I'm assuming he's going to be a midlist author for a while anyway).   So I can resume my efforts.


No comments:

Post a Comment