Ballyalban Fairy Fort

Ballyalban Fairy Fort

Tuesday 17 June 2014

GATD Week - ? 7 ? 8

I dunno, I must have been at it longer than that.  Anyway, I am now onto the 5th section of the novel - entitled Redemption.... which is where things begin to come right (I think) but not before there has been a bit of jeopardy for some of the characters.  I've got about 40,000 words under the belt, and this week have managed about 6,000 - which is great, considering.  In the last two days it's really been flowing - those great days when you just sit down and write and when you read it back it seems absolutely fine.   It is so much more agreeable than having to struggle with one sentence after another.  Sadly, a lot of this book has been written by the one sentence at a time method - hard work.  I guess that an enforced break from the novel has meant I've been rehearsing these scenes to some extent - but even so, a lot of the ideas have been completely new - I had no idea that the father of Shayla's baby was a married, middle aged Greek Cypriot bar owner.  When this happens I become a little scared, and worry that somewhere in Margate there is such a man, also called Nikkos, and that he will sue me when the book is published.  Let's hope not.

I will do a couple of hours tomorrow - and then start prepping for Saturday night's festivities.

The Agent Update
There is no news on the agent front  Tara tells me this is a good sign.  She is tweeting about doing a duathlon.  She does not tweet very much - I feel that's a good thing.  Possibly a very good thing!  It means she is spending more time with her clients (and prospective clients)..  So I wait in hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment