Ballyalban Fairy Fort

Ballyalban Fairy Fort

Wednesday 5 September 2012

A good start

Today I completed the re-reading/editing of the first 12 chapters of Conscience.  It reads well, almost like someone else's book.  It doesn't seem as "me" as TRF - which is as it should be.  I feel really happy.  I see that I need more research - and probably soon, so I must book a seat at the Imperial War Museum Library to read some regimental history.

Anyway, I now have 48,000 words - and a convincing story - and I need to get on with it.  I am going to try to experiment with a new strategy.  To write every morning from about 9ish to 1.00ish - then lunch, a little light domestic work, and then reading/research in the afternoon.  I will have to start inviting people for tea rather than coffee in the afternoon to keep my mornings free.

Curiously, I think writing the sex scenes in the new version of TRF will help me deal with the dreaded topic of the unsuccessful consummation.  But first I have to decide when his father should die - just after the wedding perhaps?   Or keep him ill, but alive?  Don't want that to become an issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment