Ballyalban Fairy Fort

Ballyalban Fairy Fort

Wednesday 5 September 2012

Another thing

This has been a spectacular day for writing etc.  Not only did I finish editing the first 12 chapters of Conscience, but I also sketched out a couple of brief ideas for other novels/stories.  There's one idea I particularly liked - called Unseen it is the story of a couple whose child has an hereditary disease which isn't apparently in either of their families - but it is because they are both Jewish... or rather have Jewish ancestors who have been concealed by history... but I need to research Tay-Sachs disease first - think you have to be quite closely related for it to emerge, so maybe we need another impetus to promote the research - maybe it isn't a whole novel - just a theme within one.

When I thought the day was over I went to tidy up some bits and pieces and suddenly had an image - I wrote it, and found it was about Leo - on a plane - so I delicately inserted it in the appropriate place in TRF.  It's good to have more stuff from his viewpoint. So all in all, a very good day's work.   It's strange - last week I felt so exhausted I could barely comment on Facebook - felt as though I would never want to write again (even though I knew I would - there's nothing else I can do).  I think it's partly because I knew I had no appointment today and could choose what to do.  The same is true of tomorrow - so perhaps it will be another good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment