Ballyalban Fairy Fort

Ballyalban Fairy Fort

Saturday 22 September 2012

Inside the eye

Without my eyes could I function as a writer? So much of what I write about is visual... I fret when my sight appears to alter - although I'm now used to the increased time it takes for my focus to adjust when I go from distant to close objects.

Yesterday I saw photographs of my eyeballs.  Great yellow-red orbs covered with ribbons of fine red lines, and a white disc on each.  I was concerned by the darkened area - but apparently that was the really important bit - the macula - the part that sees detail - and it was fine.  My blood vessels showed signs of circulation problems - not reversible - and of my high blood pressure.  It was an amazing sight - it does make you recall the line from the Bible I am fearfully and wonderfully made.  We can know so much about ourselves, and yet so little.  

No comments:

Post a Comment