Ballyalban Fairy Fort

Ballyalban Fairy Fort

Monday 25 June 2012

A frenzy of inactivity

I could be writing, but actually I am not.  I feel slightly sick about it all at present.  Now think the Seth and Osric idea is stupid - feel that what I have written so far is trite, and that I am not capable of dealing with the psychological issues.  Perhaps TRF is the only thing I could manage - we all have a book in us and maybe that was it.

Adam Phillips said this morning "sometimes you want something for such a long time that when you get it, you don't want it any more."  Perhaps that is the direction I am heading too.  Long-desired objects are sickening and failing before my eyes.  What is wrong with me?  I can't change direction again - I need to persist.  I wonder whether I should go back to writing Conscience?  It had certain benefits - a detachment, a lack of sex scenes. Again, it requires research - but that shouldn't be a problem.  Arrrgh, I haven't felt this uncertain or unsettled about writing for ages.   Maybe I should console myself by looking at TRF again.

No comments:

Post a Comment