Ballyalban Fairy Fort

Ballyalban Fairy Fort

Friday 22 June 2012

Seth & Osric

Over the week I've been researching Osiris and Isis and seeing that there is a theme here I could use - it will make the book different, the main character, Izzy very different.  Less intellectual, less selfish - but more nurturing, more of an earth mother - hippy trippy - she can be into astrology and tarot and the I-Ching without any shame... I am having lots of thoughts and working on it.   Have looked at beginning of 17Y and adapted it a bit.

I am quite excited to be doing something so different - there was a risk that this book might be too much of a trawl around the TRF themes (when will that agent ring me!) - now I think if I have a really different main character it will be liberating - who knows, I may even become more nurturing in my private life.  The idea now is more about reconciling sibling rivalry rather than playing into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment