Ballyalban Fairy Fort

Ballyalban Fairy Fort

Tuesday 31 July 2012

17 Years

I am having ideas - it's very good - very happy making... I wrote a little section, about 1500 words of previously unconsidered topic the other day.  But I don't have much time to write at the moment - I am carrying out various attempts to make money - gardening at the moment, and the B&B stuff etc.  Every little helps - wish I could so something a bit more lucrative like journalism...or giving lectures!

Met a nice woman called Jo last night - she won the writing competition at the Squall last year - and I asked how she was getting on - she said she'd written 12,000 words.  She is busy - she hasn't yet settled into her stride... can't write, too much else going on.  I suppose I've written about 12,000 words of Islanders - but I did that in a few days.  I realise how lucky I was last year to finally tell myself to make the transition - even though our finances are a disaster - I feel that this was the right thing to do - and it has made all the difference to quote Robert Frost.

No comments:

Post a Comment