Ballyalban Fairy Fort

Ballyalban Fairy Fort

Tuesday 3 July 2012

Islanders!

I really think I am going nuts.  Today I forced myself to blog because I wasn't writing.   Not only have I got sick of Seth and Osric, but I have written 10,000 words of a dystopia set on the Isle of Thanet in 30 years time when the water has risen sufficiently to make it an island again.

I was gasping at the inventiveness that was coming out, it was so utterly exciting - and then I slowed down, didn't write over the weekend, or Monday (I couldn't type because of deep cut requiring huge bandage).  I have this feeling with the book that I should trust it - a plot will develop... there is a rough idea - a fugitive from London taking shelter in independent Thanet and the problems that arise... but we shall see, there are already a number of promising threads of plot.  Or maybe I'll just start yet another project.   I wonder if awaiting the Agent's response is driving me crazy...

No comments:

Post a Comment