Ballyalban Fairy Fort

Ballyalban Fairy Fort

Monday 6 February 2012

A growing pile of pages....

.,.. is what I'd have if I was typing this as a hard copy.   But TRF is growing by a judicious mix of re-ordering and re-writing and editing and long stints of new writing.  The original novel (final version) was about 98,000 words, and I've now got 58,000 words - so perhaps I can finish it by the end of February - barring accidents - then rest it for a fortnight and re-write during March when I've looked at it properly.

I really do have to stop writing now - and go and make supper, but I'd rather just stay here and write.... it's going well, everyone is behaving themselves beautifully - and I am especially happy since I decided I didn't have to give a blow by blow account of marriage and children - more detail than in the first version, but I can probably skip from 84 to 97ish without too much infill... of course we need to know about how her relationship with her husband deteriorates... and why she stays despite this, but I can cut out the Early Years/NCT experiences I think...although some sort of feminist thing on childcare would be useful.  (Hmm, that sounds boring....)

No comments:

Post a Comment