Ballyalban Fairy Fort

Ballyalban Fairy Fort

Tuesday 14 February 2012

A short respite

The Agent has emailed me - she has told me some things not to do with TRF - unfortunately I had already done them.   I must now start again.  The re-cyling is driving me slightly nuts.... so I began again, and made a couple of interesting pages, before I introduced some old material.  I think I have a clearer idea of the story now - the emotional conflict, the changes, how the younger self would judge the older self... loss of idealism, clarity etc.   I need to write like the wind now - more so than ever, but I think this time I know more or less where it's going.  I am also much surer that this version won't be so flat.... getting away from a biographical narrative will be much better.   I am also going to revert to a mix of 1st and 3rd person - if she agrees that it's not too off-putting.

As a result, I am now going to go into purdah for a bit, try not to blog too much - or anything like that, just diet, stop drinking and work!

No comments:

Post a Comment