Ballyalban Fairy Fort

Ballyalban Fairy Fort

Wednesday 28 March 2012

In the compost heap

I am hoping that a couple of days off will mean that everything will rot away nicely and when I start writing again on Monday that the compost will be nice and hot and fresh....

The trouble is the timeline/structure - I have started trying to get it together on excel sheets, but I find myself going nuts.... I need to break away completely from some of the material I've recycled, it's making me stick to a timeline that doesn't quite work... I want the revelation about the break up - but I think I need to deal with it in some other way...  I want to keep my "bravura opening" - but I realise I'll probably have to sacrifice it... or put it somewhere else....

Should it be a chronological story - or can we do flashbacks?  I think if I just start with the teenage romance it could be a bit boring/flat... but -   I need to make more happen in the adult relationship - fling in a funeral perhaps...

No comments:

Post a Comment