Ballyalban Fairy Fort

Ballyalban Fairy Fort

Tuesday 13 March 2012

Only Writing

is what I'm doing at the moment - in the next two days I'll be cooking and preparing the Ides of March dinner party... which I'm really looking forward to.   So today I wrote double to make up for the lack of writing yesterday and in the next two days.  I wrote 6,000 words today, which is a bit worrying really, there is a definite feeling that if one isn't sweating over every winged word then nothing can be any good.   I happen to think that if you have a reasonably well-stocked mind you can write an awful lot in a short time, and then of course you have to go over it and sort it out and edit it and sigh and think "who wrote that rubbish?"  Except that it isn't always rubbish. Today's chapters (1.5 chapters) seem reasonably coherent - I always have a background idea of what I'm going to write - it's just that sometimes evanescent ideas float past and I have to rush to net them before they flutter out of reach.

The exciting thing is that I really have nearly finished.  I'm just inserting some feminist stuff - and I might go and find a couple of "darlings" from the original text - there were some lovely images that I really want to re-cyle.  Who is going to read this book? It's only a romance after all my pretensions and so on.  However, I was just talking to Norman who suggested that it was a shoe-in for Womans' Hour - "you should just issue a press release and do it now".  "I think I'll wait until it's published - then I can actually get some sales on the back of the interview."    Well, it's something to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment