Ballyalban Fairy Fort

Ballyalban Fairy Fort

Saturday 3 March 2012

Progress

Last week was a bit of a slow week - I had to go away to Norwich - to show my son the University of East Anglia.  While he was traipsing around it being shown the accommodation etc. I went to the Sainsbury Centre - I wanted to look at the gallery, but had an overwhelming urge to write.  I found the only notebook I had on me was last year's filofax diary - largely empty so I scribbled on that.   When I came to transcribe it on Thursday I got up to about 1,500 words with plenty more to go... so I guess I must have written more than 2,000 words that morning.  I was delighted at the compulsion.

I have been less delighted that the two following days have been almost impossible for writing, with endless phone calls - nothing in particular - just lots of them - plus a bit of social life (Pugin's 200th Birthday Party and the Book Group) plus a visit from a lettings agent - which necessitated a lot of tidying and dusting.

Today is Saturday - so it has been devoted to Home Improvement - i.e. a slow sorting of all the boxes remaining in the bedroom - and establiishing a new bookshelf.  Tomorrow may just be a day of rest - perhaps we can finally go and see the Turner exhibition at the Turner Centre... My article about Rodin's the Kiss appeared in the second edition of Thanet Watch - I doubt whether anyone will read it. I so wish I could make some money - but so far, nothing has emerged.  We didn't even bother to buy a lottery ticket.  Maybe TRF  will make my fortune - it would be an unusual first novel if it did.

No comments:

Post a Comment