Ballyalban Fairy Fort

Ballyalban Fairy Fort

Saturday 28 April 2012

Into the final stretch....

have been editing slowly but surely last week - on Friday I took the printed copy to look at the last section and annotate a bit.... still not convinced I haven't repeated things too much.  Told rather than shown - oh horreur!
I sat in the pub at Pegwell Bay (there are two, but this is the nice one) and annoted in the sun, but indoors because of raging wind.

Today have been writing up some more - got to 99,000 words, so will definitely be longer than the original... still haven't quite answered the question of what love means to a feminist... well, actually, the book does on the whole... the answer is probably that Love is too mysterious to explain in those terms.   Anyway, I have another 50 pp to edit, add to, re-write.... and then I probably need to add a big dialogue - and then it will be finished.  Then what?

I will then probably need to be absolutely happy that it will be respectable enough for the Agent to at least read it.  It does work, I read it last week, I liked it, I just .... what?  Oh, it's mine, so it all seems so obvious to me, I can't believe anyone will read it in a different way, will be surprised or interested by it.  I expect I'll get over it - I have plot twists... I even thought of a blurb...The longer I labour over it, the more I worry that it needs to be more.... anything/something.... but really, it's fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment