Ballyalban Fairy Fort

Ballyalban Fairy Fort

Friday 20 April 2012

Not so bad...

Yesterday I was getting very bogged down in the structure - and felt I had lost things that needed to be said, or hadn't yet said things I wanted to deal with.   So I did what I've been meaning to do - got the hard copy and read the book.... it was really exciting reading scenes that I hadn't read since I wrote them a few weeks ago, and seeing how well it seemed to go.  I remember feeling a bit excited when I first finished the first draft and like God "saw that it was good"... so now I feel incredibly positive and hopeful.  I think I can get in what I need to say - and make more room if necessary.

The structure thing is like a jigsaw - or rather a game of chess - if you move one section, you'll have to see how that impacts on all the other pieces - and what new shape you'll make.  No antagonist though - but just a conflict between how you want it to be, and how it's going to actually work!  

Today I am so happy that I'm going to do gardening and shopping before I work!

No comments:

Post a Comment