Ballyalban Fairy Fort

Ballyalban Fairy Fort

Monday 16 April 2012

Not my best day...

Slow old business: first there was the important decision about the opening chapter(s) - have finally made the radical decision to more or less keep it the same - only I cut the quince tree out!  Darlings are lying slaughtered around me as I speak - not just darling words and phrases - whole great darling scenes have been killed.  Now have a newish bit of stuff - about life - might re-instate the quince tree somewhere secretly...Then it was on to the sorry affair of editing down the teenage affair chapters - removing any last shreds of self-pity, any ludicrous asides any "aren't I clever!" bits - and making sure that I had the right tenses and the right persons.   It was boring, and I lost the will to live frequently and switched over to Twitter and Google research for alleviation of boredom.  

I did some interesting research into a couple of my acquaintance to see whether they appear in public anywhere - this yielded one result on Google - searching for her on her own, I discovered she had written an article on her industry which had rather offended an intelligent critic of her industry, so had the rare pleasure of seeing a critique of her piece and feeling all lovely and warm and Schadenfreudisch!  I also discovered something about her that I feel is a bit discreditable - which added to my picture of her as a person of only relative integrity.  But I daresay her husband doesn't care about that sort of thing much.

This isn't perhaps the blog to write this in perhaps, but it did occur to me that Mark and I are sadly lacking in the sort of vanity and self-esteem which leads people to trumpet themselves up and advertise themselves.  Or perhaps we just lack the commercial nous other people have.  Perhaps M's blog would be better if we had loads of videos of him in action on it, talking about his work and how fab he is... and perhaps as a result we would have a great deal more work and, by extension, money.   Heigh-ho!

No comments:

Post a Comment