Ballyalban Fairy Fort

Ballyalban Fairy Fort

Friday 13 January 2012

Displacement activities

I am a rare genius at these.  I am editing the early chapters of TRF for the 16th? 17th? time it seems, trying to reduce the information load but maintain the same emotional intensity/adolescent experience.  Part of me really doesn't want to do this re-write I now realise, but I know that the original book will still be there - ready for the samizdat/ebook edition if I ever want to issue it in its original form.

The challenge is to make this a really readable, insightful new book.. and keep some of the humour.   A was saying how much the original made her laugh (she read version 10 I think - so pretty much the finished product) and I wanted to ask her "which bits?" so that I could rescue them.  But I can't just do that, and I have so much new stuff to write that I need to get on with it.. so, back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment