Ballyalban Fairy Fort

Ballyalban Fairy Fort

Tuesday 31 January 2012

Not writing much

Just editing Claudius's Elephants  for Mark - which is fine - but time consuming, requiring a lot of re-writing and some consultation with Wikipedia... fact checking it's called.  I told him a couple of years ago when he was ill that I'd finish the book for him if he died, but I'm not sure I'd be able to - finding my way through his card indexes would be a nightmare. 

I have written nothing on TRF for several days.  This is chiefly because I have a cold - I have the superstition that if I write when I am ill it will be no good - this is because I remember writing reams of stuff when I had appalling flu in Paris in 1976... but now I come to think of it, it produced some rather good work.   There's a lightheadedness about illness that frees one's imagination - regrettably it probably also dilutes one's critical faculties.  I enjoyed an episode of East Enders on Sunday when I was feeling really grim.  Perhaps I should plunge in, cold or no cold - so maybe tomorrow - after the Ocado delivery of course, I will have a really big writing day.   (I have to write an estimate and nice letter to an archaeology client of course, first).  Or do I mean a big re-writing day?  I think I have to tackle the whole university experience differently - perhaps get the feminist flat-share that I planned for 17 Years into this, lose the commune?  Actually, the cold must have largely disappeared - now I am planning things again!

No comments:

Post a Comment