Ballyalban Fairy Fort

Ballyalban Fairy Fort

Thursday 5 January 2012

OOOH!

I am working away - re-writing, editing, making up new things, thinking about the structure and synopsis... and of course, sod's law, suddennly virtually every one of my female friends is desperate to see me... I think it is a bit early to be lionised... simply working with an agent isn't quite the same as winning the Booker...

Anyway, today Agent replied to my email - confirming what I'd understood of what she thought would work better.  She made some suggestions about the type of synopsis I should send her... which forestalled my rather scrappy notes I was thinking of offering - and she obviously wants rather more detail - more of a storyboard than a simple outline of the flow... it's all very helpful and my brain has gone over to greater clarity...

I am reluctant to give up some of my carefully observed and beautifully crafted (joke - sort of!) sections, but they need to go, even the 4 Cardinal virtues - in fact the whole afternoon I spent thinking in Somerset House could have been wasted... but maybe like prayer, writing is never wasted - it's all good exercise. 

I am actually looking forward to making these changes, but the impatient bit (I want a publisher now!) is keen to crash on regardless... I am simultaneously hard-working and lazy... mad.

Conscience has gone on a back burner... perhaps a bit of a relief...I always loved TRF and am determined to do it properly.  What makes me especially happy is the half dozen people who have said to me "oh yes, I'm writing a novel" or "Oh, everyone wants to write a novel" etc. and have yet to produce...  This sounds a bit Schadenfreudey - and some people, like Denise and Marietta are beavering away and getting there...   Anyway, there are no guarantees that I can produce the goods - but I'm going to have a damn good try...

No comments:

Post a Comment